PFG Meeting Minutes: September 2018
Minutes of the Parent Fundraising Committee
September 10th, 2018| 7 pm |
Attendance: Katy, Rhonda, Giorgia, Nahrain, Alison, Amanda, Ricci Lee, Jenna
1.0 OPENING PRAYER
2.0 APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Alison moves to approve; Ricci-Lee seconds. PASSED
3.0 APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Minutes of August 27th were approved as amended. Amanda approves, Giorgia seconds.
4.0 PFG COMMITTEE
The Parent Fundraising Group Executive Committee is a group of school parents that has volunteered to commit for the whole year to the coordination of fundraising activities. The group will make decisions after consultation with the parent group during the monthly Monday meetings. These decisions may be brought to the PEC for approval, as required.
The Volunteer Coordinator is going to manage the SignUp app/web page and load volunteer opportunities as they become available. Katy Sgouraditis is taking over this position. Alison Ten Bohmer is taking over the Vice-Chair position.
5.0 COUPON BOOK SALES
Alison will coordinate the sale after the 8:00 am Mass Sunday, September 16th. Katy to add the volunteer opportunity on SignUp.
> Abbotsford Coupon books: Katy to check with Krissy Buckle
6.0 KAL TIRE COMMUNITY FUNDRAISER
Nahrain will be on site to assist the chef. Katy will be onsite with Dexter.
* We will need tents to sell coupon books due to rain in the forecast
> Need to pick up tents from gym
> Katy will make some signs/posters
7.0 GAMES NIGHT
* Small Bouncy Castle inside the gym: 2 tickets
* Katy ordered some glow items as a novelty item
* Cupcake competition: kids will be given a cupcake to decorate at home. A judge will decide the winner and winner will receive a dozen professional decorated cupcakes.
* We will have two face painters and glitter tattoos: 2 tickets
o Kids will be given a number so they don’t need to line up.
> Need to get a microphone or megaphone to announce numbers
> Giorgia to ask Fr. Mark if he would participate in “pie in the face”: 2 tickets
> Katy to ask Mr. Martinen and Thomas to run a soccer “penalty shot against the teacher” competition: 2 tickets
> Rhonda to discuss with Mrs. Choboter and Mr. Short the selection of prizes.
8.0 MOVIE NIGHT
* List of possible movie selection was put together
* Pizza orders good as is
> Check with Pat what movies are available and possibly ask for kids input on a shortlist.
> Cotton Candy machine purchase option: Rhonda to add to next PEC meeting agenda
Looking good so far:
* Beer is ordered
* Amanda sourced the caterer
* We may still need a few UFV students to help the caterer
* Will need volunteers for the food prep
* Food processors
* $35/ticket – aiming for 200 tickets
* Lydia and Jenna working on decoration, prizes, etc.
Small class fundraisers throughout the year concept:
* Needs to be reaffirmed. Not meant to be necessarily a teacher driven activity during school hours. Could be a parent volunteer opportunity on weekends (2 organizers per class)
> Rhonda to bring back to PEC with clarifications
11. NEW BUSINESS
Gift cards continue to be an underused opportunity. Need to find a way to sell them outside of church. Issue was brought up by the PEC in the past, but there was an issue with a mobile credit card machine
> Check again with Mother Theresa for wireless card reader
> Look into a mobile phone Square card reader
> Rhonda to add to next PEC agenda
NEXT MEETING DATE: MONDAY, OCTOBER 1ST IN THE STAFF ROOM