PFG Meeting Minutes: August 2018
Minutes of the Parent Fundraising Committee
August 27, 2018| 7 pm |
Attendance: Katy, Melissa, Rhonda, Giorgia, Sara, Nahrain, Carleen, Martin, Joseph, Alison, Kristina, Lidya, Krissy, Jennie, Ulani, Amanda, Pat, Jenna
1.0 OPENING PRAYER
2.0 APPROVAL OF AGENDA
3.0 APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Minutes of June 4th were approved as revised. Melissa approves, Alison seconds.
4.0 2018/2019 PLANNED FUNDRAISING AND COMMUNITY BUILDERS
Calendar of activities as follows:
Walkathon fundraising ideas:
* Ask Therese about the possibility of scheduling monthly bake sales after Mass. All grades to be put on rotating schedule.
* Mr. Riveira will also organize a couple of taco sales
* Fundraising throughout the year by going out to the public vs. just month of May and only asking family or neighborhood.
* Kids could raise money for specific items on the school wish list vs. “walkathon” in general.
* Walkathon thermometer will have these items listed as goals reached once the funds have been collected.
o Ensure the items will actually be purchased (e.g. basketball hoops problem)
More class prizes to be handed out throughout the year (e.g. bubble gum tape)
5.0 GAME NIGHT
Game Night set for September 21st, which is a Friday, as previously requested. Anything else we can sell besides cake items?
* We can freeze leftovers for the movie night on October 5th. Parents asked to donate tub of candy in bulk. Grade 6 and 7 will put together candy bags. 1 volunteer hour per candy tub. Giorgia to ask SOF for candy deal.
* Face painting: Sara K. offered to hire a face painter (friend) and donate this to the school. Thank you Sara!
Popcorn: pop on site vs. popping in the morning
> Cotton Candy machine: Giorgia to check with neighbor
Aiming to sell 200 tickets. Band has been booked. There is a lot of work to be done and need MANY volunteers. Some of the jobs on the sign-up sheet are:
* making signs, posters
* source banners, flags
* thrift store shopping, purchase items, etc.
On the day of the event there will be a lot of work required in the kitchen, food prep and cleaning up before the party begins.
Still looking for caterer in addition to volunteers. Sian may still be available but needs more time to confirm due to new job
> Jennie to give Katy her contacts for bartending and catering.
> Katy to post volunteer sign-up sheet with newsletter.
> Melissa to collect names for sign-up sheet at Welcome Back BBQ
7.0 MOVIE NIGHT
Anything to improve it?
* Lot of kids are just running around and not actually watching the movie: should we pick different movies or would the kids rather play?
* Should we have a “freak out Friday” type of night instead where kids can be dropped off and parents can leave?
* Popcorn: pop on site vs. in the morning
> Katie to send out correspondence about kids making too much noise
9.0 PFG MEETING TIME, LOCATION AND BABYSITTING
* Keeping the same time/location. No babysitting at this time
* Formal Executive Committee composed by:
Chair: Rhonda Sexsmith
Vice Chair: Alison Ten Bohmer
Secretary: Giorgia Quadrelli
Treasurer: Therese Andersen
Volunteer Coordinator: Katy Sgouraditis
Member at Large: Amanda Munro
Member at Large: Martin Godard
Member at Large: Jennifer Roberts
> Executive Committee to come up with new format to make meetings more task oriented, while still bringing forth general discussions/brainstorming at monthly meetings.
NEXT MEETING DATE: SEPTEMBER 10TH IN THE STAFF ROOM