PFG Meeting Minutes: October 2018
Minutes of the Parent Fundraising Committee
October 1, 2018| 7 pm |
Attendance: Katy, Rhonda, Giorgia, Alison, Amanda, Ricci Lee, Jenna, Martin, Therese
1.0 OPENING PRAYER
2.0 APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Alison moves to approve; Amanda seconds. PASSED
3.0 APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Minutes of September 10th were approved. Amanda approves, Giorgia seconds.
4.0 COUPON BOOK SALE
Still waiting for final numbers. Discussion took place in terms of tracking unreturned coupon books. Option of order form vs. delivery with brown envelope. We will know by next month how much was raised and how many books were not returned and by whom.
5.0 GAMES NIGHT REVIEW
Last year’s profit was $1,100 vs. $919.00 but we added the bouncy castle, so overall it was in line. Was Wednesday the better night or should we continue with Friday? Decision was made to give Friday another year and a decision will be made next year.
6.0 MOVIE NIGHT
Cotton Candy machine quotes and details sent to PEC for approval.
> We have enough volunteers already
> Need to remind parents to keep children quiet for everyone’s enjoyment
7.0 PARKING LOT FUNDRAISER
> Five volunteers so far
> Rhonda will work on that
> We have volunteers committed in most areas
* Need a few more people to clean the gym. Hard to find people to stay at the end of the night. It would be easier to find people to come back in the morning.
> Alison to check with Lori/Cindy if ok to leave the cleaning to the following day.
9.0 FUNDRAISER EXPENSE FORM
> Melissa has created an expense form for everyone who incurs any expense for any fundraising events. Form to be filled out so we can easily track costs.
Ideal of selling 50/50 tickets as standalone fundraiser. Is it a good idea? Would it be popular? Do we need a license?
> Yes – we will need a license
> Katy to get more details from Nicki Bullock on the Chilliwack Community Services model.
11. TRIVIA NIGHT
Should we find a date to do this even if we said to leave it for this year? It is an easy thing to organize? It would be just a fun evening, no fundraiser.
> 19th or 26th of January
> Alison + Martin to organize
> Need a theme, and focus on putting teams together
NEXT MEETING DATE: MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH IN THE STAFF ROOM