PFG Meeting Minutes: January 2019

Minutes of the Parent Fundraising Committee

January 7, 2019 | 7 pm
Attendance: Katy, Rhonda, Giorgia, Alison, Ricci Lee, Jenna, Martin

1.0 OPENING PRAYER

2.0 APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Rhonda moves to approve; Ricci Lee seconds. PASSED

3.0 APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Minutes of December 3rd were approved as amended. Giorgia approves, Rhonda seconds.

4.0 Oktoberfest 2019
Jenna speaking to band already about next year. Need to finalize a date (9th or 23rd of Nov). Band will confirm in May.

Looking into other ways to collect payments for ticket sales.

  • Need to look into Eventbrite

5.0 Planned Activities for 2019
5.1    Movie Night – Friday January 11th

5.2    Trivia night – Saturday January 19th

5.3    Kids Expo – Sat/Sun February 16-17

  • Will need leaflets and retractable banner

  • Need to design and procure a roll up banner - Katy will work with Martin on the design

  • Need something else to attract people – badge maker?

    • Ricci Lee to ask her mom about a punch for scrapbooking

5.4    St. Mary’s at the Chiefs – Sunday, February 17th, 2 pm game

  • Tickets will sell for $16 (adult), with $4 coming back to the school for each ticket sold.

    • Need to find out child ticket cost

  • Will display Grade 7 art and sell sugar cookies (Katy to order)

  • Leaflets and retractable banner

5.5    Pub Night – Saturday, March 2nd (date changed from February 23rd) at Corky’s

  • Up to 150 tickets to be sold for $10 (cheeseburger and fries, no beer). $5 per ticket coming back to the school.

  • Games options, prizes and silent auction were discussed

 5.6    Spring Salad – originally planned for April 26th.  Carrie Durflinger and Krissy Buckle are unable to organize it this year. Cancelled

5.7    Monte Carlo – Saturday, May 11th. First planning meeting on January 14th at 7 pm at Decades

  • Will call out for volunteers to work with Coralee

5.8    Walkathon – Friday, May 17th.

  • Katy already asking for sponsorships

  • Same format as last year

6.0 Outstanding Business

  • Can we get an inventory of computer/tablets and what grades are using them?

  • Smartboards – is this a yearly lease? Are they being used to their full capability? What teacher are using them, considering this year’s staff changes. Will we need more in the near future?

    • Rhonda to get info from PEC

NEXT MEETING DATE: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4th IN THE STAFF ROOM