PFG Meeting Minutes: November 2018
Minutes of the Parent Fundraising Committee
November 5th, 2018| 7 pm |
Attendance: Katy, Rhonda, Giorgia, Alison, Amanda, Ricci Lee, Jenna, Chris, Martin, Therese
1.0 OPENING PRAYER
2.0 APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Therese moves to approve; Amanda seconds. PASSED
3.0 APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Minutes of October 1st were approved as amended. Rhonda approves, Jenna seconds.
4.0 COUPON BOOK SALE
Profit of sale was $1,318.
5.0 COTTON CANDY MACHINE
Giorgia purchased this. PFG will refund Giorgia for the expense as follows:
$314.90 – cotton candy machine
$56.73 – 4x 3.25 lb of sugar
$24.19 – inside mesh
$19.99 – 100 paper cones
Total $415.81 including tax
We will rent this to parents for private birthday parties, we will offer it to The Kids Who Can and possibly loan/rent to Lifeteen, Summer Camp, etc. We should be able to recover the cost within a few months and it will be a fun and easy source of revenue.
* 193 tickets were sold. We expect to make a good profit from this. We should have enough volunteers for all areas.
7.0 TRIVIA NIGHT
* Set for January 19th
* Martin and Michelle attended the SJB trivia night. The evening was well attended and well prepared. Questions were hard and made the night really competitive. Price charged was $20 per ticket.
* Our theme could be “Are you smarter than a 7th grader”. Kids could be recorded asking the questions. Mrs. Choboter could help set up some good knowledge questions.
* Not a fundraiser, just a fun night. Tickets at $15 per person (-$2 for a table of 8), including appetizers. Wine bar will be available for an additional cost.
8.0 PUB NIGHT
Set for February 23rd. Corky gave us a good deal on food last year. Will ask them again.
> Katy to look into Duke’s Pub as another option
9.0 ROTARY CHRISTMAS PARADE
* December 1 through downtown Chilliwack. Would be a good opportunity to advertise the school in the community. Too late to organize a float for this year, but will bring it back next year for consideration.
> Amanda will attend this year’s parade and take photos.
> TABLED to next September 2019.
10. PFG MEETING VENUE
* Sometimes we may need more time than what we are allowed to remain in the school.
* Leaving school premises would put people in the position of having to spend money at a coffee shop – may not be as inclusive
> We will make sure that the meetings are not rushed and that we can stay in the school as long as the janitors are working.
11. FUNDRAISING SPENDING LIST:
$3,500 Smartboard leases
$2,000 app maintenance
$10,000 Chromebook Carts (2)
$6,500 Sports Equipment
$8,000 Student Activities
$15,000 New Bus Savings
$5,000 BLDG Redevelopment Fund
* Can we get an inventory of computer/tablets and what grades are using them?
* Smartboards – is this a yearly lease? Are they being used to their full capability? What teacher are using them, considering this year’s staff changes. Will we need more in the near future?
* Breakfast Club idea – no time in the morning with bus run
* Food baskets – is there a need to bring them back?
11. KIDS CHRISTMAS LUNCH
* Katy actively looking for a chef. Sian Hurley is too busy and won’t be able to run this.
NEXT MEETING DATE: MONDAY, DECEMBER 3RD IN THE STAFF ROOM