PEC Meeting Minutes: February 2019

Parish Education Committee
Minutes February 25, 2019


IN ATTENDANCE:  Dave Johnson, Lori Johnson, Rhonda Sexsmith, Jenna Winterhoff, Dale Wagner, Adrian Gannon, Thomas Slivinski

GUESTS: Pat Symes

1.    Opening prayer - Rhonda

2.    Approval of Agenda

Lori approved, Second Rhonda

3.    Approval of Minutes - January 24, 2019

December minutes: Rhonda approved, Second Dave. Need

January minutes Rhonda approved. Dale approved

4.    REPORTS

4.1 TREASURER

Not here tonight due to scheduling conflict.

4.2  PASTOR

Not is attendance as he was at another meeting

 4.3 PRINCIPAL

See Attached - (report not attached)

ACTION ITEM: Look into another storage bin (costs, locations, etc)
PERSON RESPONSIBLE: Dave and Thomas
DEADLINE:
ACTION ITEM:
Look into copier lease for renewal/purchase options
PERSON RESPONSIBLE: Dave and Thomas
DEADLINE:

4.4 TEACHERS

No teacher in attendance 

4.5 PARENTS

 See attached minutes. (not attached)

Dale mentioned that one of the big things talked about was the upcoming walkathon

4.6 MAINTENANCE - Ado

  • Dave met with guy from Centura products. He looked at it and talked about options for basketball hoops. Because of questions in siding, they have given us a few options for adjustable hoops. The best option due to the building’s age, etc. is $7500/hoop plus engineering costs.

    Could we get a business to sponsor the hoops?

  • A motion was made by Adrian Gannon to complete the installation of new basketball hoops, not to exceed $6000 above what was previously allocated. Lori seconds this motion. The vote passed unanimously.

5.    OLD BUSINESS

  • Corporate Sponsorship Pkg - Lori met with Katy, and made some changes together. Katy has been successfully handing it out (1 Gold Sponsor already!)

  • Evangelium Consulting - have Kyle come in and present at PEC meeting in April?
    ACTION ITEM: Kyle Neilson to come and present to PEC meeting in April (25th)?
    PERSON RESPONSIBLE: Thomas
    DEADLINE:

  • Registration Package - feedback about changes. Including a work bee as an option? Need someone to organize that if it will be an option. We need to have sign up sheets for each fundraiser. And we also need to check in and remind people within a week before.

 

6.    NEW BUSINESS

  • Security -

  • Class size cap - what do we do to limit numbers on class sizes? Do we keep adding students to make large classes? When can we add classes/teachers? There is no official class size cap right now. We are taking it class by class, grade by grade, and taking all things into consideration to come up with the best options.

  • 3 PEC members not returning. Elections will be in May. We need to start talking to people about it and making that info available. We need to make announcements after masses. Bulletin. Facebook page/Instagram. App. Find out when things need to happen, as for dates.
    ACTION ITEM: Look into process for people to join PEC and elections
    PERSON RESPONSIBLE: Dale
    DEADLINE:

Closing Prayer - Rhonda

 

PDF of PEC Minutes

 

 

 

 

 

PECMelissa Godbout