Grade 7 News - September
Grade 7 News
CISVA Theme for 2019-2019: What Do You Want of Me, Lord?
Term 1 Theme: Who Am I? and The World Today!
What we're learning
- Religion: Introduction to the Chosen Program Why Am I Here? The Apostles Creed; Social Justice
- Math: Relationship and operations with decimals and percent
- Social Studies: Time-lines; Ancestry; Anthropological order of humans
- Science: Scientific Method; Evolution/Natural Selection; basic needs
- LA: Grammar, Vocabulary, Novel Study Touching Spirit Bear
- French: With Mme Prost
- Tech: Safe Technology use and social media; Typing club
- PE/ Health: Volleyball; Outdoor Education
- Art: Robert Bateman; naturalism and painting
- ADST: Introduction to Foods Studies
- Core Competencies: Start by introducing students to each concept; reflection
- Tues. Sept. 4th - First day of school. Noon dismissal
- Fri. Sept. 7th - Meet the teacher night and BBQ at 5 p.m.
- Mon. Sept. 10th - Picture Day
- Wed. Sept. 12th - First school mass of the year at 9 a.m.
- Wed. Sept. 26th - Fri. Sept. 28th - Outdoor Ed. at Camp Squeah in Hope.